Here are some of the best TFSA interest rates, as of August 2014.
TFSA contribution room for 2014 is $5,500. The maximum amount that can be invested in a TFSA is now $31,000 (assuming that you have never contributed to a TFSA before).
Tangerine Bank (ING Direct Canada) offers $25 Bonus for new clients who open a TFSA account.
Here are the steps to get the $25 Bonus:
- Enroll for ING Tax-Free Investment Savings Account using the Orange Key 41082392S1 (go to http://www.tangerine.ca/en/saving/savings-accounts/tax-free-savings-account/index.html to enroll)
- Make an initial deposit of $100. The bonus money will be deposited into your account.
To “clean up” your TFSA contribution room if you had many withdrawals or contributions during current year:
- - At the end of December 2013 withdraw (do not close the account!) all your TFSA deposits
- - in January 2014 you can contribute up to $31,000 without the stress of penalties.
Want to know how much you could be saving by investing in a TFSAs? Check out the Government of Canada’s TFSA calculator.
Do you want to establish or improve your credit rating?
Your approval for Peoples Trust® Secured MasterCard® Card is almost guaranteed! Click here to apply!
Apply today and enjoy the benefits of having a credit card:
- Safety: no need to carry cash
- Convenience: make hotel, car rental and other reservations
- Budgeting: ability to make payments in installments for goods and services through the use of the credit line
- Cash Advance: instant access to cash for emergencies
- Credit Builder: establish or improve your credit score for future credit or loan needs
Peoples Trust Secured MasterCard Card is the ideal credit card:
- If you have had credit problems in the past and want to rebuild your credit rating
- If you have no credit history and wish to establish a good credit rating
- If you are a discharged bankrupt
- If you are new to Canada
- If you are a student
- If you are having difficulty obtaining other credit cards
Your credit limit is set by the amount of your deposit with us (minimum $500), which acts as a security deposit and earns interest. You are then able to use your card up to this limit, and have the same benefits as other credit card users.
Note: the first page of the application provides all the information about interest rates and fees.
Here are the steps to apply for this secured Mastercard:
- Fill out the online application form (here is the application in French)
- Write a cheque to People’s Trust and send it to: Peoples Trust
P.O. Box 48235
595 Burrard Street
Vancouver, B.C. V7X 1A1